Acoma Department of Education
ACOMA LANGUAGE RETENTION PROGRAM
ATTENTION ACOMA COMMUNITY MEMBERS
To be trained to teach the Acoma Keres Language
Opening Date: February 24, 2014
Closing Date: March 17, 2014
The Acoma Language Retention Program is seeking to recruit four (4) Acoma community members who are interested in sustaining the Acoma Keres language. Recent surveys have shown a vast majority of Acoma people desire Acoma Keres learning to begin at home. As a first step effort, ALRP is planning to train 4 Acoma community members to teach the Acoma Keres language.
Interested people will:
· Be trained to develop skills and methods to teach the Acoma Keres language.
· Learn and gain knowledge in teaching the Acoma Keres language using visual materials.
· Trainees will learn to use a teaching guide to implement Acoma Keres language instruction.
· Trainees will attend eight (8) weeks of training & practice. Instruction to be provided by two consultants who will develop the curriculum and training material.
· Experience in teaching is preferred but not required.
* Ability to write English in order to document written evaluations of progress.
· Must be fluent in the Acoma Keres language.
How to Apply: Submit a one-page document outlining your experience and interest in being trained and your desire to teach the Acoma Keres language to Dr. Marilyn Johnson, PhD, Acoma Department of Education, 49 Pinnsbarri Road, Pueblo of Acoma, NM 87034, by deadline. Selected people will be notified. Training will begin about mid-March.
Deadline: March 17, 2014
For more information, contact Dr. Johnson at 505-552-6077..